Tuesday, March 2, 2010

February 2010

What a month!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I even have time to blog!!!! This winter has really taken a toll on me and the whole family. Can you say cabin fever??? Urgh!!!!!!!! I'm so ready to be outside with the girls, playing in the grass, taking walks, going to the park, anything besides being inside!!!
Brinkley is still non-stop go go go! That girl will do whatever she wants, whenever she wants, or tries to. She is very well learning the word 'no', but after you tell her that, she will turn to look at you, smile so damn cute, then turn back around and do it again. Must be the Strickland in her. :) She has turned the DVD player on and off, messed up the cable box, soaked up the remote control with unimaginable amounts of slobber..............you name it!!!! She loves to hang out in Jadyn's room, standing to look in her full length mirror. She has been standing on her own ALOT, and for longer periods of time.............yep, she will be walking, sooooo close. I just know one of these days I will turn around and she will be walking behind me, no longer crawling.

Braelynn is still very layed back. She doesn't move from room to room very often, she is content staying wherever. If you put a book in front of her, she is in heaven. She gets very excited for the ladybug and butterfly books, those are her fav!!! She will start flapping her arms up and down, and start saying 'ooooohhhh oooohhhh'. Sooo cute!!! She is my learner though. She knows where her head, tummy, and her eyes are. The way she shows you where her eyes are is kind of awkward. :) She will lean her head into yours and look straight into your eyes and just smile. :) Babies do the cutest things!!!! She jabbers more and more, and points to things and says something, however I just don't know what the hell she is saying! LOL, I just agree with her and say, yep, thats the TV, table or whatever I think she is looking at. hahaha

Both girls are being really talkative, not just Brae. When they see me making bottles, they will say ba ba ba, and again, get very excited!! We have worked with getting them to drink from sippy cups for the past couple months and Braelynn has mastered it!!! Its probably been over a month ago when she did, since I'm so bad at blogging!!! ::))) But one day, Jadyn was feeding her, so I gave her the sippy cup with her formula in it, went back into the kitchen to make Brinkley's bottle, and by the time I got back into the living room, Brae was done!!!! I think my eyes popped out of my head! She had that gone within 2 mins!!! Brinkley isn't too bad, just wants to chew on the spout instead of drinking from it. :) But she is able to drink out of it, so as soon as those other teeth come in and she doesn't feel the need to chew on everything, she should be fine. We still give their formula in bottles most of the time, but have started doing it through the sippy cups 2x a day instead of bottles.
They looooove the 'cheetos' style puffs from Gerber. And also the yogurt bites. I'm still trying to get them to like most table food, but not as successful as I would like to be. I'm sure with only have 2 teeth each, its a little hard to 'chew.' So I'm not at all worried about it, but would be so much easier for all of us to eat the same thing instead of making separate meals for them and for us. They will take bites of our food, however, most of the time they make the funny looking face and eventually spit it out. I've came to the conclusion that either the texture is way different, or real food actually has taste when they are so use to bland food!!! :) They like spaghettios, soups, cheese, pudding, etc. so thats a start at least.

On Feb. 21, 2010, they were finally baptised at our church, Bethany Church of Christ in Baxter. Both Kip and I's parents, and his sisters family were able to attend. The girls did amazing!!! We had our binky's there for support, but really didn't need them. They just looked at the pastor, like why are you putting water on my forehead???? They have always been really good in church, and everybody always says how well behaved they are and how quiet. I ask, 'would you like to come to my house some afternoon?' Hahahaha, if they only knew............. Afterwards, we went to Newton and ate at Pizza Ranch. They each got their own bracelet with a cross, spring jackets (if we ever get to use them), bonds, and some cute outfits. All in all, it was a successful day!!!









Until the next day..................
Over the weekend, I noticed Brae was sounding really raspy, so by Monday morning, Feb. 22, she was coughing so hard that it sounded like a 'bark.' Yep, need to make a dr's appt. I got her in that afternoon and my intuition was right..............RSV. :( So we got a nebulizer and some meds, and later that afternoon, started our breathing treatments. One vile of medicine, every 4-6 hrs a day. Poor poor baby!!!!! She did excellent though, just sat there............ She had to go back to sleeping in the swing for the next few nights, so she could breath better while sleeping. After 7 days of treatments, she is sounding alot better, but we are still giving them to her for extra precaution. Well, with having twins, if one gets it, the other one is bound to get it too. Sure enough, Thurs. afternoon, Brinkley was starting to cough and sound congested. Breathing treatments for both!!!! What a chore!!!! Sure glad I had Jadyn there to help while Kip was at work, because who knows what they would get into while I was giving the other a treatment!!!





Well, the sickness didn't stop there...................Friday morning, I woke up with a sore throat...........I prayed and prayed I wouldn't get it, but it failed. By Sat. morning, I was full blown into having the worst cold/sinus EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Try being soooo sick, trying to take care of 2 sick babies, and to top it off, having your helper, Jadyn, get sick as well!!!!!!!!!! Can you say LYSOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to drop a disinfecting bomb in my house!!!! This Friday is my designated clean the house day, along with toys, EVERYTHING!!!! So needless to say, this has not been a very fun week!!!!!

Another upside is that Braelynn finally has one of her top teeth!!! On Feb. 28, I felt her top tooth. FINALLY FINALLY!!! Those things have been trying and trying to come through for months! Its her top middle left one, and there is a piece of her gum hanging there, so you cant really see the tooth yet, but can definitely feel it. I haven't been able to tell on Brinkley yet, as she wants to bite my finger off everytime I try to feel, so I'm sure she is not too far behind!!!








3 comments:

  1. sounds like you are keeping very busy!!! We have a nebulizer too, NOT A FAN! We haven't had to use it too much this winter, but lots last year. Hopefully all of you will get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how big they are getting - and I haven't seen them in forever it feels like! Can't wait to see some pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that picture of them sleeping in the chair!

    ReplyDelete