Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Baxter Fun Days July 10-12th 2009

The celebration of Fun Days for Baxter is a huge event. Yes, small town fun and man do we really go all out!!! This year was the first time I could enter my babies into the baby contest, since Jadyn was too old by the time I moved here. And obviously in the years before, I didn't have anymore babies until now, so yeah for me!!!

I was so excited and of course went all out. Their category was Sun Bathing Beauties, so naturally I was going to put them in swimming suits. However, they also judge for any props you may use. So I brainstormed and was given the idea of using a wagon and decorating it like the beach. So Kip cut out some cardboard to make it look like waves, even painting them blue with white tips. :) We put brown towels down to make it look like sand, and had sand pails and beach balls in it too. I used Jadyn's old Barbie umbrella and taped to the handle so it hung over them to 'protect' them from the sun.









Unfortunately, as cute as they were, they didn't win. It was fun for me to get them all dressed up though and experience something I hadn't yet. There is always next year!!!!


On Saturday morning, they have the annual parade, which was another 'first' for the twins. I got them dressed and put in the stroller and off we went!!! The fire truck sirens were a little too loud, so when they passed we stood in our friends garage so it wasn't too rough on their ears. Braelynn slept through all of it and Brinkley just looked around and wondered where the heck she was at!!! After that was over, we went and watched Jadyn in the Baxter Idol contest. Her and her friend Brigette were dancing. They didn't win either, but was fun to watch them participate. It was then time for a nap, so we went home and took a nap, then Mommy got to go out that night!!!! It was fun that night, but now I know why I don't do that very often. I was a little tired the next day, but was good for me to get out.

At the parade................







My girls.....................





No comments:

Post a Comment