Monday, July 6, 2009

First Month

Well, the first night at home was not too bad. Brinkley was a little fussy, probably new place, etc. Or was she thinking.......what kind of family did I get myself into???? :::))) She was fine after the first night. The only place they would both sleep were the famous swings!!

This is where we sleep................

Brinkley





Braelynn





We tried the pack and play in our room, the crib, you name it, but nothing compared to those swings. We got into the routine of them sleeping in the swings, which were set up in the living room, which meant I was sleeping on the couch because I just couldn't stand not being in the same room as them!!! Daddy slept in the bedroom and when it was feeding time, I would go wake him up...........KIP, FEEDING TIME!!! ::)) He loves it when I say that! Every 3 1/2-4 hours, one of them would wake up, so I would wake the other one and feed at the same time. I was told by many of my friends with twins, 'feed them at the same time, no matter what.' So that was one of my big things was to keep them on the same schedule. They would eat 2.5-3oz and off to sleep you go for another 3.5-4hrs. Not too bad for twins, eh?



Braelynn is eating about 3-3.5oz now and Brinkley is about 3oz. We had a checkup with the pediatrician, and Brinkley now weighs 7lb 9oz and Braelynn weighs 7lb 5oz. Growing perfectly and like weeds!!! We have been on the schedule of every 4hrs for feedings for the past month, making me wonder..........will you ever sleep longer than that????? Please?? :) Oh, and note to self, girls CAN pee straight up in the air!!! Braelynn is notorious for peeing in the middle of a diaper change, that little stinker!!!!

Just a few random pics................


They just love each other sooooo much.... :::))))




Mommy and Brinkley







Big sister Jadyn





Daddy and Brinkley




No comments:

Post a Comment