Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Summertime fun....

Wow!!! How time flies.....we can't be on our second month already!!!! They are pretty much on the same routine as far as eating and sleeping. Brinkley has been a little stinker lately and not wanting to finish her bottle. She will start eating just fine, then burp halfway through and then will NOT take the rest of the bottle. She acts as though we are poisoning her! Poor thing. :( And as a mother, you just wonder, what is wrong? I wish so much that they could just talk and say hey!! my stomach hurts or whatever. Braelynn has no problem finishing her bottle. Once you put the burp rag under her chin, her mouth is wide open looking for that bottle so she can start chowing! She wasn't that innocent though. She would randomly throw her fits after feedings, which took me about 15-20 mins to calm her down. Then it was off to sleep she went. I was still concerned on Brinkley not finishing her bottle so I called many of my friends who have had twins for advice and kept the Mercy nurse hotline number on speed dial. They suggested to let them finish the bottle completely, then burp. Well, to our suprise, it worked!! We also switched to the Enfamil Gentlease formula and they are totally different babies.
Playing with our floor gym.....................

Brinkley


Braelynn




They are now eating 3 1/2-4 oz and sleeping anywhere from 5-7 hrs a night. Never thought that would happen until about the 8th month, but I will not complain. The first night they slept that long, I had to adjust my eyes 2-3 times before I could believe it. We fed them at 9:30, so around 10:30 is when they finally fell asleep, after the burping and changing and about 20 times of putting the binky back in after it fell out. They didn't wake again until 4:30am!!!! I rushed over to the swings (because yes, they are still sleeping in their swings) and make sure they were still breathing. That was the best sleep I have had in a long time!! Ever since that night, they have been averaging 5-7 hrs, so far so good!!!!


Mommy just loves taking pictures :::))))
All three of my biggest blessings....................





Mommy playing on the floor with us



Loving sisters..........so far anyway, heehee



They celebrated the Fourth of July in style, thanks to Grandma Donna. She bought them matching red, white and blue outfits and wore them out that day. We went to John and Diana Stricklands for lots of food and fireworks. Since the weather didn't cooperate, they had to stay inside the whole time. I don't think their little ears could handle the sounds of the fireworks anyway, so it worked out good. They slept in their carseats on top of the bed. I got to see most of the fireworks, but towards the end and I was running in and out putting their binkies in everytime it fell out. Needless to say, I got my exercise that day.


Our first Fourth of July.................

















No comments:

Post a Comment